Tipico Careers Site
How we helped tell the story of Tipicos new employer brand with a new Careers Site.
As part of their Employer Brand development Tipico wanted to produce a new careers site that would:
- a) Tell the story of their new employer brand
- b) deliver a seamless application process for their key personas and
- c) do this in a way that demonstrated their market-leading credentials.
As with the main Employer Brand project we needed to open-up the experience to cater for roles that had previously been challenging (particularly tech) and push on with their desire to create a more diverse workforce.
The site had to be integrated with SmartRecruiters, existing blog articles imported into our new style and all remaining content had to be made from scratch.
Tipico are a Sports betting operator, founded in 2004. They operate a multichannel approach: Online, Mobile and Retail. Their franchise network operates 1,250 betting shops in Germany and Austria. Their employee base span several countries and cultures, their HQ in Malta, with offices in Germany, Gibraltar, Croatia, Colombia & Austria. Each and every employee are tied by their passion to:
“Maximise Spannung in the world of sports betting” - Spannung is the German word for voltage and can be thought of as ‘moments of electricity and tension’ in this context.
At Ph. we’ve been pioneering a new approach to careers sites:
- Mobile optimised
- Content-rich not just transactional
- Repeatable content widgets to aid user
- Easy to apply
- Connected site content and user journeys
- Optimised for Google Search and Jobs
When we move into design, we lead with mobile and always produce a motion prototype to look at the whole experience.
- Since the careers site went live in March 2021 Tipico received over 3,000 applications.
This is considering they had removed their retail vacancies due to COVID which used to account for 450 hires per month.
- Performance remains strong, with roughly 800 new users per day, with an equal split of mobile vs desktop traffic.
- The bounce rate is excellent, maintaining between 20% and 40% which is considered excellent in terms of industry standards. This means candidates are landing and engaging with the content on the page more effectively.
- Their candidate experience survey is at an NPS of 7.2, which is a significant increase from before the new careers site was launched, which tells us that our candidates enjoyed using the new careers site and the UX was far more engaging, straightforward, and enjoyable.