Reach More Job Seekers With a Mobile-Friendly Careers Site
As the world becomes more and more reliant on mobile devices, it's important for businesses to ensure that their websites and online resources are easily accessible and user-friendly on these devices.
This is especially true when it comes to career sites and job boards, as job seekers are likely to be accessing these resources on their phones or tablets while on the go.
According to a survey conducted by the Society for Human Resource Management, 77% of job seekers use their mobile devices to search for job openings, and 61% of job seekers expect career websites to be mobile-friendly. This means that if your career site or job board isn't optimized for mobile, you could be missing out on a significant portion of potential candidates.
So, how can you make sure that your career site is mobile-friendly and able to reach more job seekers? Here are some key considerations:
- Responsive design: A responsive design means that your website automatically adjusts its layout and design to fit the screen size and resolution of the device it's being viewed on. This is important because it ensures that your site will be easy to navigate and read on a wide range of devices, including smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
- Easy navigation: Your career site should be easy for job seekers to navigate, with clear and intuitive menus and buttons. This means that users should be able to easily find the information they're looking for, whether it's job listings, company information, or application instructions.
- Mobile-specific features: There are a few features that can be especially helpful for job seekers using mobile devices. These might include the ability to apply for jobs directly from the site, save job listings for later, and receive notifications when new jobs are posted.
- Fast loading times: No one wants to wait around for a website to load, and this is especially true for job seekers who may be in a hurry to find a new opportunity. Make sure that your career site loads quickly, even on slower mobile connections, to keep job seekers engaged and interested.
- Optimized for search: It's important to optimize your career site for search engines so that it ranks highly in search results when job seekers are looking for opportunities. This includes using relevant keywords in your content, as well as making sure that your site is mobile-friendly, as Google now prioritizes mobile-friendly sites in its search results.
- Accessibility: Make sure that your career site is accessible to users with disabilities, as this will not only help you reach a wider audience, but it's also the right thing to do. This includes using clear and legible fonts, providing alt text for images, and using clear and concise language throughout the site.
By following these best practices, you can ensure that your career site is mobile-friendly and able to reach more job seekers. But don't just take our word for it - let's look at some stats to see the impact that a mobile-friendly career site can have.
According to a study by Indeed, mobile job searches have increased by 89% over the past five years, and mobile job applications have increased by 71%. This means that if your career site isn't optimized for mobile, you could be missing out on a significant portion of potential candidates.
Another study by the National Association of Colleges and Employers found that 72% of job seekers said that a mobile-friendly career site was important to them. Additionally, 65% of job seekers said that they were more likely to apply for a job if the company's career site was mobile-friendly.
Finally, a survey by the Jobvite Recruiter Nation found that 85% of job seekers said that a mobile-friendly career site was important to them, and 87% said that they had a better overall experience when using a mobile-friendly career site.
It's clear from these stats that a mobile-friendly career site can make a big difference in your ability to reach and attract job seekers. By ensuring that your site is responsive, easy to navigate, and optimized for search and accessibility, you can increase your chances of attracting top talent and filling open positions more quickly.
Of course, having a mobile-friendly career site is just one piece of the puzzle - you'll also need to have a strong employer brand, competitive salary and benefits packages, and a positive company culture to truly attract top candidates. But by making sure that your career site is mobile-friendly, you'll be able to reach more job seekers and get your company's message in front of a wider audience.
So, it's definitely worth the effort to make sure your career site is mobile-friendly and able to reach more job seekers. Book a Demo today to see how you can reach more job seekers with our mobile-friendly Careers Site platform.
What Job Seekers Really Want From Your Careers Site
Key features that job seekers want on a careers site include easy navigation, detailed job descriptions, information about company culture, a personalized candidate experience, and authentic employee content. Learn More.Learn More
The Benefits of Investing in a Careers Site for Your Organization
A careers site improves hiring process, attracts top talent, and enhances candidate and employee experience. It showcases company culture and values and allows easy application for open positions. It saves time and resources for both parties.Learn More
High Scores from Career Site Investment
How investment in the right tech produced the right results for King and Dazn… With career sites, it’s tempting to just throw up a job description and hope for the best. But that doesn’t do anything more than tell talent the bare minimum of what to…Learn More